Baker Plastic Surgery
9155 S. Dadeland Blvd., Penthouse One, Suite #1708
Miami, FL 33156
Phone: (305) 670-9995
Monday, Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Botox®, Dysport® & Xeomin®
In the correct hands, injections can work wonders for your appearance. Muscle relaxants (neuromodulators) such as BOTOX®, Dysport® and XEOMIN® injected by Miami plastic surgeon Dr. Jackie Yee into carefully selected sites, can reduce forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet, and those ever-present worry lines between your eyes. Dr. Yee is one of the most sought-after plastic surgeons in the field of facial rejuvenation and is routinely asked to instruct colleagues on the proper techniques for using these products.
Dr. Yee specializes in non-surgical cosmetic procedures such as BOTOX injections. Fort Lauderdale and other South Florida residents are invited to request a consultation online with Baker Plastic Surgery, or call us at (305) 670-9995 to schedule an appointment.
Who is a Good Candidate?
Virtually anyone interested in reducing wrinkles without undergoing surgery can benefit from the injection of BOTOX Cosmetic, Dysport or XEOMIN. Injections in the proper places not only treat wrinkles, but also shape the eyebrows and result in a more youthful appearance.
Other less well-known areas that can be improved with the use of neuromodulators include:
- The jawline to turn up the corners of the mouth
- Saggy neck muscles, called platysma bands
- Around the mouth to decrease signs of wrinkles (smoker’s lines)
- Sides of the jaw to decrease the width of muscle from clenching teeth
- The chin to improve the appearance of dimpled, or cobblestone, chin
Most of the men and women who come to Baker Plastic Surgery for facial rejuvenation treatments are between 30 and 70 with good skin tone. While injectable products can help restore your youthful appearance, the effects are not permanent. Subsequent treatments are necessary to maintain the younger look. You may consider a brow lift or face lift in addition for correction and improvement that may be unattainable by injections alone.
What’s the Difference?
All 3 products share the same active ingredient, botulinum toxin A. When it’s injected, the active protein weakens the targeted muscles, which relaxes the wrinkle, resulting in smoother-looking skin. Dr. Yee uses her expertise to ensure the injections are safely tailored to your needs and identify the appropriate injection sites. Although similar, the products are not the same.
- BOTOX Cosmetic: Approved in 2002 by the FDA, BOTOX is a household word and is the most popular injectable product for reducing frown lines. It is manufactured and distributed by Allergan Aesthetics.
- Dysport: Approved in 2009 by the FDA for use in the U.S., Dysport may work slightly faster and possibly last longer, depending on the patient. It is distributed by Valeant (formerly Medicis Aesthetics.)
- XEOMIN: Approved in 2011 by the FDA, XEOMIN has been used for quite some time in other countries. It is distributed by Merz Aesthetics.
What to Expect
|Procedure||BOTOX®, Dysport® & XEOMIN®|
|Description||When you meet Dr. Yee, she will evaluate your facial anatomy to pinpoint specific sites where injections will provide the most benefit. A very thin needle is used, and the injections weaken only the chosen facial muscles that cause wrinkles. Results will begin appearing in a few days, but the full effect of the injections may take up to a week to see. The improvements begin to slowly fade after about 3 months, although the effects in some areas may last longer.|
|Recovery||Depending on the area, or areas, injected, you may not exercise immediately after treatment. It is important not to massage or rub the injection sites, because there is a risk the injections will affect be surrounding muscles. That could lead to temporary unsatisfactory results, including droopy eyelids. Complications are rare, but bruising, soreness and swelling may occur.|